If you don’t have the Facebook pixel on your website – you are missing out on some huge business-growth opportunities.
What is the FB Pixel?
The pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. It can be simply added to your website via adding code into the header pages.
How does it benefit my business?
- The pixel allows you to automatically create custom audiences of users who have visited and/or taken specific actions on your website (i.e., filled out a sign-up form, visited a product page, etc.). This data is priceless, as these audiences can then be used to create highly segmented retargeting lists – such as custom audiences.
- It helps you to understand your audience’s behaviours and preferences
- It ensures your campaigns are created for and distributed to those who are most likely to buy from you
- It helps you measure your effectiveness of your FB advertising
- It unlocks extra Facebook advertising tools enabling you to transform your advertising results..
Let me give you an example..
When someone visits and takes action on your site, for example if they make a purchase, the Facebook pixel is triggered and the action is reported. This means you know when a customer takes action and you can reach this customer again through future Facebook adverts. For example, if you know someone has filled their basket but hasn’t completed the purchase, you can target them as they are very likely to be a potential customer. Maybe they came across your website but were then distracted by their kids and they left without taking any actions. By retargeting them on Facebook, we can remind them to come back. Because they already know who we are, hopefully they’re going to be much more likely to take the action we want them to take.
One of the cool advertising features of Facebook ads is “Lookalike Audiences”. Lookalike audiences are created from our custom audiences. We take our custom audience (such as website traffic) and ask Facebook to go out and find more people that match the same characteristics as those who visited our site (or ‘look like’ those people). This can be a very powerful way to find new, relevant people.
Make sure you have your Facebook pixel installed and start reaping the benefits.
If you are unsure whether you are optimising your Facebook ads and getting the best return for your buck, or simply want help adding your pixel to your site, contact us for a free strategy call.